Another day of lazyness

I woke up to my vibrating alarm. It had been already snoozed thrice. It was time, I told myself. To wake up to another day of laziness .

Like the ritual of my peer group around the world , I also first looked at my phone . My sleep was forcing me to drop my phone but my will power couldn't. I appreciated myself for that and continued to look at my WhatsApp msg es. My mind was still battling the thin line between sleep and wakefulness , as a result I couldn't decipher any of the messages. "Continue looking at phone for some more time, you will be awake" ,I told myself and scrolled through Facebook feed. The same old story - feminism or antifeminism, right or left, Modi or anti Modi , Ambani or farmer loans. "Nowadays everyone has an opinion for every thing or the other" . After knowing the stories shared by my so called ' friends ' on WhatsApp ,Facebook  and Instagram , I slowly regain the normal consciousness for the day.

It's going to be another day of uselessness. It is this period of life wherein you are not proud of your past, you are questioning your present and you are confused about future.

I got up and looked at my bed. I searched for my glasses . I didn't see the time. What is the point? I stopped looking at time . I looked through the window. It was a usual sunny day of the city with 10 months of summer. The distant textile shop was wasting the multiple lights in the day time like they usually do. I always wanted to avoid staring at it the first thing in the morning. I stared at the sky, clouds were moving slowly but they were not as lazy as I m .

When my muscles got the power to move against gravity, I took my first step like a child. I felt every step I took with full awareness and walked to the bathroom. After finishing the daily chores, I came to sit on the swing. Few more notifications popped up in the phone. The book "black flags of ISIS" was calling me . But nothing bothered me.

I checked my bank account. In city, every move dissolves money. Seriously, money just dissolves into space. And I look back and think "what did I spend so much on" . Alas! This awareness doesn't strike me at the shop when I enter the ATM PIN.

The day goes on . But I refuse to move on from the swing.  My thoughts race with time, the only functioning part in the body right now. Thoughts doesn't demand money or space as well. So I got used to it. I have started to be at peace with my thoughts. It liberates me and helps me to relate to the day. I just randomly think whatever that comes to mind and build castles over it.

I should acknowledge my loved ones for letting me live like this. I m drawn into this stage of lazyness and have grown comfortable with it . I hope I don't have to prove myself now. My mood translates into few sketches and my thoughts into random writings for sometime.

After getting some energy from the surroundings , from food and from my cheerful niece I finally decide to do something productive for the day.

But it's already the time for sunset. I feel pity for the sun . For it has a timetable to follow!

My friend used to tell me , " I want to have days that are separate from each other , when you go to sleep without anything left to be done the next day and wake up to a complete fresh day to begin with"

I think I m in that phase right now.  It is ok to be lazy and happy !

Comments

  1. I loved it Shobi :) I have the same fight with will power every morning while looking at the phone first thing in the morning. And the will power battery gets reduced a lot in the morning. And money really gets dissolved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts